Arizona Private Tuition Organization (APSTO) is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) School Tuition Organization (STO) certified by the Arizona Department of Revenue to facilitate the Private School Tuition Tax Credit Programs. A STO...
- must allocate at least 90% of its annual contributions to scholarships;
- shall not limit the availability of scholarships to students of one school;
- may allow donors to recommend student beneficiaries but shall not award, designate or reserve scholarships solely on the basis of donor recommendations;
- shall not allow donors to designate student beneficiaries as a condition of any contribution to the organization;
- shall not facilitate, encourage or knowingly permit the exchange of student beneficiary designations (swapping);
- shall include on the organization’s website, if one exists, the percentage of the total dollar amount of educations scholarships and tuition grants awarded during the previous fiscal year to (a) students whose family income is up to 185% of poverty level and (b) students whose family income is greater than 185% of poverty level but not more than 342.24% of poverty level. (See below for AZTO’s most recent fiscal year’s detail);
- must not award scholarships to students who are simultaneously enrolled in a district school or charter school and a qualified school;
- shall follow all other statutory requirements in A.R.S. 43-1089 or Title 43, Chapter 16. “This includes annual Arizona Department of Revenue STO reporting criteria and annual audit procedures by an independent accounting firm.
A.R.S. 43-1602 and 43-1603 require all School Tuition Organizations (STOs) to be certified by the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) in order to process tax credit donations from taxpayers for the purposes of awarding tuition scholarships.
Questions? Call 480-256-1001 or email info@APSTO.org