If Your Child Will Be Attending Private School as A New Student in the 2022-2023 School Year, This Page Is for You.
Arizona Private School Tuition Organization (APSTO) allows kindergarten and transfer students to begin participating in the tax credit programs up to one-year prior to their K-12 attendance at a qualified school in the state of Arizona. APSTO is not tied to any single school, denomination, or organization. We will work with every qualified school in the state of Arizona. Please take a moment understand the below details and your responsibility to complete an application for the coming school year.
2022-2023 Kindergarten and Transfer Students
If your child will be attending a K-12 program as a full-time student at a private school in the state of Arizona next school year, your child may participate in APSTO’s program now.
- For kindergarten students, your child must be age 5 by January 1st of their kindergarten school year.
- Credit Eligibility:
- All kindergarten students are eligible for both the Original and Switcher (Overflow/PLUS) tax credit programs.
- Most transfer students should be eligible for both the Original and Switcher (Overflow/PLUS) tax credit programs if coming from an Arizona public or charter school. Please see the Switcher (Overflow/PLUS) Eligibility Criteria.
- All transfer students need to substantiate their public/charter school attendance with the Public School Verification Form.
- APSTO’s 2022-2023 Scholarship Application becomes available the second week of May 2022. If your child will be participating with donor recommendations prior to this date, please complete our online Pre-Registration form or use our Printable Pre-Registration form to register your child with APSTO. If you use our printable form, please mail, email, or fax your form to us 480-256-1002.
- Once your child is registered with APSTO, a donor may make a recommended tax credit donation on behalf of your child. This may be done up to one year prior to your child’s attendance in a K-12 program at qualified private school in the state of Arizona.
- As APSTO receives tax credit contributions recommending your child, the pending award will be held at APSTO for your child’s 2022-2023 school year.
- Next, apply when APSTO's 2022-2023 Scholarship Application opens in May. Once APSTO’s board has approved the application and the recommended award, it will be issued to your child’s school in the first award cycle (July) for the 2022-2023 school year. Please be aware, your application must be completed before May 30th to participate in this July award cycle. Your student is required to have an approved 2022-2023 APSTO Scholarship Application on file to be eligible for APSTO scholarship awards.
- All pre-registrants will receive an email informing them when APSTO's Scholarship Application opens.
For more details you can return to the Scholarship Program page or visit our Parent FAQ. If you still have questions regarding this program or the process, please contact us. We are always here to help.
Questions? Call 480-256-1001 or email info@APSTO.org